Tuesday, February 18, 2014

The View From My Kitchen Window: Honey, We're surrounded!

February 9, 2014


Both my men were sick, so we stayed home that Sunday.  Late morning I was in the kitchen and glanced out the window.  


  I blinked and looked again.





Was that.....??



Oh yes, as a matter of fact it is; 

three wild turkeys!







I called the men to come and look





The final official count out the window was eight.  

We decided to see if we could sneak out onto the back porch for a better view.  We could and we were surprised; there were more on the back hill!  

I'm pretty sure there were at least sixteen total, although it gets a little tricky trying to count that many wild turkeys.

I have been wondering about whether or not to add a few turkeys this year for our 2014 homesteading experiment.  

I'm thinking I just might. 

1 comment:

dogquilter said...

Very cool!!