Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Wandering Wednesday? Walking Wednesday? Whatever Wednesday?

I don't know what to call it, but here we are with the walking update.

As of the end of May, I had put in one thousand, one hundred eighty-nine and six-tenths miles.  That's 1189.6.  It seems so much bigger when I write it out, doesn't it?  That means I am a bit over one-ninth of the way to New Zealand.  Wow!  That's right at eighteen months of walking and about twelve months of keeping up with the walking.  I just might make it to New Zealand before I turn sixty.

Here's the map; hopefully it will show you where I am.  The big news (I mean bigger than how far I've gone) is that I am already to the Texas-New Mexico border. 

Have I mentioned yet that Texas is big?  I was wrong.  Texas is HUGE!  And in May, Texas had HUGE storms.  Heat, hail and tornadoes.  I think I will try to start keeping up with the weather where I am.  I'm enough of a nerd to think that would be fun.


I hope to get some Texas pictures posted soon.  In the meantime....

File:New Mexico sign.JPG
Photo Courtesy of Wikimedia Commons

No comments: