Thursday, March 05, 2009

Last weekend was a typical Birmingham late February/early March weather weekend. I feel as though I am now an official resident after going through it with James Spann (our local weather-man). On Friday we had lightning, strong thunderstorms, and in some areas tornadoes. On Saturday it was clear with flooding. On Sunday we woke up to snow. Even though it had rained so much and been so warm on Friday and Saturday, the snow stuck and we had a couple of inches. I don't have any pictures from Friday but Dan and I went house-hunting Saturday and found our way blocked by flooding.





We turned around and headed back an alternate route and that was flooded as well.


We did finally find the house and discovered that a large portion of the acreage was under water (I was thankful that we looked at it on that particular day.)
I also have quite a few snow pictures. It will take me a couple of days to get everything up, but here are the flood pictures to start with. I'm just thankful that this weekend is supposed to be fair and warm!

No comments: