Wednesday, March 25, 2009

How do they do it? How do these ladies and gentlemen who have blogs and children and a life still manage to post on a blog EVERY SINGLE DAY? I follow several good and fun blogs; Sassy Gal Glamour (a true southern belle and my beauty tip maven), Greenville Daily Photo (a stroll down memory lane of growing up in Greenville), Thrifty Mama and Organizing Junkie, just to mention a few. How do they do it?

Mark and I are on a roller coaster right now, cranking up that big, scary thrill-hill getting ready for the ride of a life time. So that is why I have not posted in a long while. Early this month we went and had an appointment with a real estate agent on a Tuesday. We had a few houses we had looked at on-line that we were interested in walking through, we knew what county we wanted and what part of that county we wanted. Melvin (shout out to the best realtor in the area!) told us about a house that he thought would be a very good one for us. We weren't too impressed by the description, but agreed that when Melvin and I went out to drive around and look at things the following week, it might be one to go see. He gave us the print-out of the house and we left to take Mark back to work. After I dropped Mark off I went out to look at a house that we had seen, but as I was driving back to town I realized that it was much too far for us (45 minutes from Mark's work and we did not know at that time what Dan's work situation was going to be). The house was great, but it just would not work for us. Since it was too early to pick Mark up, I decided to go look at the house Melvin had suggested. Then Mark and I went back to look at the house. On Thursday we went with Melvin to look at the house. On Friday we put an offer on the house. On Saturday it was accepted! Interestingly, Friday was Mark's birthday celebration, so our family joke is that I got Mark a house for his birthday this year. It ain't over til we have all signed on the dotted line at closing, but it looks like we will be closing soon and moving within the next few weeks. Once it really, truly happens, I will post lots of pictures of the house and the decorating process.

This week Mark and I are back in Durham where Mark is in classes until Friday morning. We'll drive back to the 'Ham Friday evening...pray us home because there are strong storms predicted while we are driving home. Saturday our niece Emily will get married. On Sunday Dan will become an official member of Cahaba Park Presbyterian Church. On Monday I start packing!

So stay tuned and I will try and do a better job of updating!

No comments: