Sunday, September 16, 2007

What a great time of worship this morning! Praise God that He allows us to come freely into His presence whenever we want to.

I promised that I would tell the interesting story about getting started on my Christmas project. I must confess that....I am a procrastinator. My family would be shocked at this, but it is true. I finally decided on my big Christmas gift project for this year. It is a cute Mary Englebreit that I have tried before and had to scrap because when one takes three years to do a needlework project, one tends to lose their place and lose count and after that long, it is VERY difficult to get it figured out again. So I scrapped the original and decided to start fresh. Unfortunately, that meant getting more linen (even though I promised myself I would NOT stitch on linen again!), and getting some more floss. Walmart here in Evans decided that those of us who enjoy crafts are not worth their effort, so that was out as a source. Michael's here in the Augusta area did not have what I needed. I did meet a very nice and helpful lady there who gave me some great tips on ways to get around that, but after bringing home what I decided on, I decided to go with the recommended fabric. So I went on-line and found a website with decent prices that used Pay Pal, and placed my order. And began waiting. And continued waiting. And waited some more. It was a matter of nail-biting anticipation each day waiting and watching for the mail man. Then the defeat of no package (anyone remember Calvin waiting for his beanie in "Calvin and Hobbes"?). This went on for 2 weeks. Finally, I got an email from the supplier that their supplier had had a flood and the delivery would be delayed for another 10-14 days. Sigh. I do feel badly for the folks, but I want to get started! I keep looking for other projects that I can work on while I wait, even though I signed the Multiple Projector's Anonymous pledge to not start more than one project at a time (surely just this once......). But each new project requires fabric and/or floss that I don't have and getting out to the store was not going to happen this past week. Ho hum. Maybe tomorrow my friend Susan and I can get out to the new cross stitch store in North Augusta and find some stuff to let me get started on the rocking chair seat cover for Moses and Makenna. I'll post pictures from the Mary Englebreit book as soon as I can. In the meantime, here is a picture of the big project I did for my brother Robert last Christmas. That verse is him and I looked for years for some way to do it with trees in the background since he is a tree surgeon. I was tickled to finally find the pattern. So tickled I even finished it!

No comments: