I am reading in Psalms this week, and I found some descriptions of God that I wanted to share with you from Psalm 9.
The Lord is a stronghold for the oppressed,
A stronghold in times of trouble.
And those who know Your name put their trust in You,
For you, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You.
Sing praises to the Lord, who sits enthroned in Zion!
Tell among the peoples His deeds!
For He who avenges blood is mindful of them;
He does not forget the afflicted.
I love the comforting descriptions we see here:
- God is a stronghold for the oppressed in times of trouble
- God does not forsake those who seek Him
- God does not forget the afflicted
- Kate has been battling brain cancer for several years now. Please pray for her and her family. I'm including a link to their latest update so you can, if you like, better know how to pray for them (you may have to create a Caring Bridge account to see this. It is safe to do so).
- Gingie is having scans this week to follow up on her cancer surgery last year.
- Please pray for others battling cancer, specifically Nancy, Sandy and Sandra (who had her last chemo treatment on Monday!)
- Pray for those getting ready to graduate from high school. Pray for wisdom, for perseverance of their faith and for no compromise as they walk out into the world. And pray for their parents, please!
- Pray for those getting ready to graduate from college. Pray for wisdom about the next steps in life, for perseverance of their faith, and for no compromise as they walk out into the world.
- Please pray for Baby Jude, who has been sick since 10 days after he was born last winter.
- Please also continue to pray for Baby Ava who has been having multiple physical problems since birth a couple of years ago, and the other Baby Ava who was born with severe congenital brain problems a few months ago.
- Baby Ace has done so much better this past couple of weeks that the doctors were able to remove his feeding tube! Please pray for continued improvement, for wisdom in dealing with his heart issues, and for his sweet parents.
- Please pray for John.
- Pray for your pastor! Pray for your pastor!! Pray for your pastor!!! And please also pray for his family!
It is important, and God is pleased with the prayers of His people!
His peace to your hearts and homes.