Saturday, February 09, 2008

The reindeer is really, truly, completely (except for framing) finished!! I am so happy! I did run into some problems with the rocking chair cushion this week, though. I realized that I had made a significant counting mistake in the first figure (why does it always take so long to figure that out???). Then in the process of correcting it, I realized that the fabric I am using is 21" x 21" instead of 24"x24". Three inches can be quite a problem, unless the designer of the pattern was overly generous in her estimate of how much material is required. Turns out that Mary Englebreit apparently was overly generous (whew!). So now I can correct the problem and move along.
Here is a picture of the pattern I am working on and a final picture of the reindeer.







We are having a regular, nothing special Saturday and that is so nice! I have felt well enough to be able to do a bit of the housework, Mark is home and piddling (one of his favorite past-times), and it is warm enough to have the door open from the bedroom to the porch.
Tomorrow's story in K church is about the feeding of the five thousand, so I'm going to make a mural and put as many people on it as I can. I'm looking forward to my story time. I love my little ones and enjoy Sundays with them so much! We are blessed to have a fantastic K church team at Grace Baptist. Between Sergeant Tracy and Miss Misty, Gabby the Gardener, Texas Tina, Miss Fancy Shoes, Aunt Polki-Dot, Miss Debbi (known to the rest of us as The Boss!), and Miss Pockets, not to mention all the other wonderful folks who regularly give their time and energy to these little ones, we have a great time on Sunday mornings!
Remember to pray for the folks who were injured in the explosion in Savannah, GA this weekend. The burn unit here in Augusta has accepted 20 of these people and most of them are in critical condition with full-thickness burns. Pray for the patients, their families, and the medical workers who are taking care of them. Pray for the churches here in Augusta, that we will take this opportunity to minister to these folks!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow the reindeer looks awesome.
You did a wonderful job on it.
The seat cushion will be so cute
also. Glad you had a good day
Sat. I also have had my door to
the sunroom open some during the
day. Nothing like fresh air. I
know it won't last but I do have
flowers blooming which is hope
for spring! Nancy