Friday, February 15, 2008

Did you know that God can answer prayer with a broken tooth?!
Last week I talked to my bff in Chattanooga, Jennie. Jennie and I have not visited in person for over a year and I miss her very much. Mark and I were talking about going to visit her on our way home from Birmingham the end of the month so that Jennie and I could visit. I talked to Jennie last week and her schedule meant that we would have to visit her on the way to B'ham, on Wednesday. We were both very excited about it. When Mark got home, I talked with him about this and it turned out that we could not visit on the way over because he did not have that Wednesday off. I was VERY disappointed. Over the weekend, I found out that my Dad is taking my brother to Nashville next week and I began to wonder if I could maybe hitch a ride with them as far as Chattanooga and visit with Jennie while Dad and John went on to Nashville to see a doctor. Mark and I talked about it and Mark gave his stamp of approval to the idea. Unfortunately, Dad and I kept leaving messages for each other but could not seem to connect.
On Tuesday, Mark and I went to see the dentist (the wonderful Dr. Mike). I was fully expecting everything to be fine and was even rather smug about it. After my teeth were cleaned, Dr. Mike came in for his inspection, started poking around at a tooth that looked a little suspicious to him, and wound up putting the probe right through a back molar. Ouch! I left with an appointment for next Wednesday to have this fixed. On the way home I stopped at Dad's church to see him and talk about going to Nashville. Turns out the trip was scheduled for next Wednesday, the day I'm scheduled to have my tooth fixed. I was in quite a dilemma! I hate to reschedule appointments, because I know how hard that is on the staff at the office. So I started praying and asked the Lord to figure this one out for me. On Wednesday morning, I took a bite of something and the tooth cracked and chipped from top to bottom. Ouch!! I called Dr. Mike's office, and got an appointment scheduled for the next day. So yesterday, I went to Dr. Mike's office, had two shots of novocaine (ouch!!!), and got the tooth fixed without needing a crown. AND, I don't have an appointment next Wednesday and can go see Jennie!!!! Yipee!!!!
So sometimes God answers prayer with a broken tooth.

No comments: