Sunday, February 24, 2008

I admit it; I'm sick. Mark is too and, unfortunately, so is Dan. I gave in and am taking an antibiotic (Mark is too), and I'll be thankful when I can sleep through the night without coughing. Dan apparently has the flu. So he'll go to the infirmary for sick call in the morning and hopefully will get something to knock this out. Blah!

We are praying that we all recover quickly and that Dan can move along with his studies and Mark can get to Tres Dias this week. I'm hoping that I can go and spend time with Nancy while Mark and Robert are at the conference.

In the meantime I have been stitching. On Friday I was so miserable that all I did was sit in my chair, play silly computer games, listen to stuff on the 'net and watch TV. But yesterday I got two small figures done and today I got one of the larger ones done, so Moses and Makenna's Christmas is moving right along. I'd love to get this finished up in the next week or so and start another project in March. I think I know what I am going to do next, but I may change my mind (I am a woman, after all!). Below are some pictures of what I have accomplished and I will say that I probably won't do a whole lot more stitching on black fabric. The ladies in my Christmas Cross stitch group shared some great ideas for back-illumination that helps make the holes in the fabric more visible, and stitching on black fabric is rather striking, but it shows every piece of lint and cat hair in the room!

Have a good week and keep the three of us in your prayers.

From Psalm 84:

10 For a day in Your courts is better than a thousand outside. I would rather stand at the threshold of the house of my God Than dwell in the tents of wickedness. 11For the LORD God is a sun and shield; The LORD gives grace and glory; No good thing does He withhold from those who walk uprightly. 12 O LORD of hosts, How blessed is the man who trusts in You!

1 comment:

CMD said...

hope your family gets to the tres dias weekend...it could be a life-changing experience

i just shared about my tres dias experience on my blog "shepherd follower"

hope everyone is feeling better by this weekend!