Psalm 121 has long been one of my favorite Psalms. It is the second Psalm I memorized. It is the Psalm I shared with Roberta the day she died. The names in this Psalm are particularly helpful during times of distress. The one name that is repeated over and over throughout this Psalm is this:
The Lord is our Keeper. This name is used six times in these eight verses. He is our Keeper. What a blessed relief to remember that!
Prayer needs this week:
- Lavonda is in the hospital with Congestive Heart Failure. She will be staying in until Thursday when she hopes to have her pacemaker replaced
- Nancy is scheduled for more chemo on Monday. Please pray that her labs will be stable.
- Please pray for Jody this week. It has been almost 9 months since her husband died after a long battle with brain cancer. The grief does not magically disappear in that time.
- Thank God this week for our mothers, and remember to pray for the young mothers who are trying to figure out how to be the mother God wants them to be. Pray also for the mothers who have lost children to death, and the mothers who have lost children to sin.
- Pray especially this week for your pastor's wife. Her work is so much more than you can imagine (unless you are the pastor's wife!).
- Remember the mothers whose children are serving in the military, in law-enforcement, and as fire-fighters. It takes a special kind of lady to raise these heroes and then send them out to face the danger that they face every day.
Thank you for your work of prayer. God's peace to your homes.