This morning I was working through Acts 14 and 15 and this description jumped at me.
In Chapter 14, Paul and Barnabas go to Lystra where they heal a man who had been crippled since birth. Because of the healing, the crowds went wild and started proclaiming that they were gods. Paul was NOT pleased with that! He began to preach and explain who is the real God. He says that God is the Creator of all, that He allowed people to go their own way, and then we get to verse 17:
Yet He did not leave Himself without witness, for He did good by giving you rains from heaven and fruitful seasons, satisfying your hearts with food and gladness.
God is our Satisfier. The New King James Version says that He fills our hearts.
Wherever you are in your faith, I pray that today you will see how God is your satisfier.
Prayer needs for today:
- Please pray for Nancy as she prepares for another round of chemo on Tuesday.
- Anna is on a trip to Israel this week and next. Please pray for safety as she travels and for a time of spiritual insight and great joy.
- Ted is battling cancer and is not doing well. Please pray for him and for his wife Tina.
- Mark, Susan and Rachel are doing well. Rachel is perking up, and the work seems to be going quite well. Please continue to pray that God will be able to use each of them for His glory.
- Praise God for little Catherine. It has been over four years since she had surgery to repair multiple heart defects; you would never guess she had been so sick!
- Continue to pray for the churches getting ready for VBS over the next several weeks. May God use this time to bring children to saving faith.
- Pray for the education department in your church as they start planning for the next year.
His peace to your home!