Wednesday, October 29, 2008






I confess; I am sleeping in this week! We are not having to get up quite so early to get Mark off to work, so I am sleeping until 7:30 or 8 and marveling at the fact that after a month, this is now sleeping-in for me! (of course, being in Central Time Zone from Eastern Time Zone makes it even more of a treat)
Last night Dan and I attended a dinner with my brother Robert and his wife. We had a great time and got to hear from a young man who is getting ready to immigrate to Israel with his wife. They will be starting a center to assist Messianic Jews in Israel with medical needs, legal needs and just general daily needs these fellow believers have. It was interesting to learn about the status of Messianic Jews in Israel. They have such a difficult time and are hated and attacked by both jews and muslims. As you think of it today, pray for these family members.
Yesterday was a little disappointing. I was supposed to start piano lessons yesterday but got a call from the teacher in the morning to cancel as she is ill this week. I can certainly sympathize with that, but I am eagerly waiting for next week to get here so I can start. I'm just glad she gave me some things to work on before we get started so I can at least be getting some kind of practice time in!
Keep Mark in your prayers today; he has a lower respiratory infection and is not feeling well at all.
Here are a few more pictures of the apartment. I'll try to include some of the more interesting ones today.

No comments: