Saturday, April 05, 2008

Tomorrow is the story of Philip and the Ethiopian. It is so easy for me to get caught up in elements of a story for my little ones and forget the main point! On this occasion, the points being emphasized in the story are: God made me, God loves me, and Jesus wants to be my forever friend. I'll file a report after I recover from the day!

Meantime, I am working on my new project. I got started on Thursday and am still working on the first figure. They are always more complicated than one thinks with Mary Englebreit; she has so many shadings and variations in her figures. But it is worth following the pattern because it tends to look fantastic when you do. This will be a Christmas Card caddy. I'm posting the picture, but it will take two pieces of fabric which will be sewn together. I'm working on the smaller piece of fabric right now, which has more stitching on it (go figure!). The checks on the little snowsuit have made me batty, but using the computer helps. I scan each page into the computer as an image. I save it as a shared file so that I can access it from any of our computers. Then I open it on my laptop and save it as an individual file (that means I still have the clean copy). Then on the individual file, I use the highlighter tool and highlight each stitch (or row of stitches) as I do them. Having these files on the computer also lets me enlarge to image as I am working on it, so that is a lot easier on the eyes. Is this WAAAAAAY more info than you were really interested in?!

Tomorrow is Sunday. Pray that my story will be clear and that God will speak through me to these precious ones. Pray for your pastor, that he will faithfully proclaim the Word of God and speak God's words, not his own. Pray for pastors around the world, for the church that we will be faithful to our call. Pray that we will not loose our saltiness and be worse than worthless. Pray that we will be instruments of common grace to the world around us. Be bold in obeying the mandate, no matter the cost.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This project is going to be sooo
cute!