In my reading this past few weeks I have been going through the book of Psalms. Over and over King David adjures us to give thanks and praise to God. I realized as I was reading that giving thanks and praise is not just a matter of an action on our part. It is a description of God (you knew I was going to work that in, didn't you?).
God is worthy of our thanks.
He is worthy of our praise.
That grabs me and makes me sit in wonder for a few minutes.
As you pray through our list today and this week, pray that those on our list will be reminded that God is worthy of thanks and praise.
Thank you for praying for Baby Ava. For 178 days she was given the gift of a loving family. She was given the gift of ministering to people around the world. She was a picture of the precious gift of life. On May 19th little Ava died. Please pray for her twin brother Sam. Please pray for her Dad and Mom and her brothers and sisters. They chose to love her completely, knowing that the cost of that love would be great pain when she died; and they knew that pain would come sooner, rather than later. Ava was loved by many, many people. They will all feel that loss. God will impress your hearts with different people for whom you may be praying. As we work together to pray, the needs will all be covered. If you would like, her mother wrote about the end of Ava's life here.
In other needs this week please remember the following:
- Denise and Caleb need particular prayers today.
- Please pray too for Dana and her three girls. For young widows with young children, summer can be particularly challenging.
- Cindy is struggling with terminal cancer. Thank God for the good days and for her reliance on Him. Please pray for continued spiritual health as her physical health deteriorates.
- Missy is a young woman who has been having heart problems requiring a lengthy hospital stay. Please pray for healing for her, for wisdom for her doctors, and for strength and peace for her Dad.
- Please remember Rachel in your prayers. She struggles daily with intense seizure activity and a host of other physical problems. Pray too for her parents.
- Wally had a heart attack last week. He is recovering, but please pray for strength and grace for him and for his family.
- Gingie is undergoing chemo.
- Pray for those struggling with addiction. Pray for those who are suffering but not yet struggling. Pray for their families.
- When you are out today and this week and see police officers around you, please remember to pray for them and for their families. Be bold and stop right there and, if the situation permits, pray over them.
- Pray for your pastor! Pray for your pastor!! Pray for your pastor!!! And pray for his family. Remember to pray for your pastor's parents, grandparents, and other loved ones. Often we forget that spiritual attack is sometimes centered in their extended family. Those attacks can be a heart-ache and a distraction for your pastor. Pray!
Thank you again for your continued work of prayer. It matters!
God's peace to your hearts and homes.