Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Just a couple of thoughts today as I continue to think about and pray for Rick and Sherri. First, I keep hearing people talk about how strong Rick is, and I fear that some folks may let down their prayer guard on Rick and Sherri (and the rest of the family)'s behalf. When Satan attacks, he tries so hard to open a door of opportunity for future attacks. As Rick and Sherri's spiritual family, we have a responsibility to help slam that door shut on Satan's face through our prayers. I realize that because there are a lot of things I don't do anymore (and I am struggling physically this week as a result of having taken too much upon myself and trying to do some things that I know I am not supposed to do!), I have a lot more time to devote to prayer. But all God's children are called to intercessory prayer! It is one of our most important tasks, and it is a privilege and an honor to take part in God's work in this way.
Secondly, as I am listening to Bubba and Speedy on air this morning, they are talking with James Spann and Scott Dawson. These are mighty men of God who work hard to speak God's Truth at every opportunity. Scott Dawson made the most wonderful statement to a woman who called in to talk about grief and dealing with loss (she had lost a 2 year old nephew). He said that as Christians, we are called to respond to these things not by saying, "What if?", but by saying, "Now then." I love that!
Pray hard. Keep your eyes on Jesus.

No comments: