Monday, February 18, 2008

When Dan was seven, we moved from Warner Robins, GA to Chattanooga, TN. It was the first time Dan ever moved and it was a difficult transition. One of the hardest things for him was going to a new doctor. Dr. Ves had known and prayed for Dan since before he was born and Dan knew and loved both Dr. Ves and his wife, Mrs. Margaret. After consulting with the doctor I worked for, I chose an older woman who was fairly well-known and very well-loved in the Chattanooga area. The first time we went in to meet her, Dan was introduced to the receptionists, the nurses, he was shown around the office, and we finally met Dr. Susan. Dr. Susan is rather plain-spoken and no-nonsense, but she loves her patients and they know that. She put Dan up on the exam table, came and sat on the table beside him, put her arm around him and explained that there would probably be times when he would have to come in to her office and she would have to do something that would hurt. She promised him that any time that happened, she would sit with him just as she was right then and before anything happened she would whisper in his ear, "This is the time to trust. This is the time to trust." That has stayed with me for many years. Every time something happens that is uncomfortable or unhappy, I remember that lesson from Dr. Susan and I can feel the Spirit putting His arm around me and whispering in my ear, "This is the time to trust. This is the time to trust."
That being said, I'm sick. Blah!! Worse, I won't be able to go see Jennie this week. Triple-Blah!! So pray for me while I am sick, pray for Jennie, and pray that we would be able to get together soon. And thank you, Dr. Susan!

No comments: